Welcome to Class One!
Class Teacher: Mrs Christmas
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Rogers, Mrs Scott and Mrs Stone
- Children should bring a named water bottle and book bag into school every day.
- Reading books are changed on a Monday. Extra books are available at any time including chapter books for confident readers.
- Please send your child's yellow reading record in each Monday so we can monitor their progress.
- Homework is set on Wednesday and should be handed in the following Monday.
- PE is on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Children are to come in wearing their kit.
- Children are provided with fresh fruit each day.
Please encourage your child to read some of their phonics scheme book daily and record this in their yellow reading record. Our Rhino Reader ebooks should be accessible from any tablet or device through the TwinklGo website. There is a link below.
They should complete all the phonics and comprehension tasks at the beginning and end of their reading books over the week. Your child's book should only contain phonemes and common exception words they have already learnt so they can read the book fluently. They will need to read the book several times to build their confidence and love of reading. Guides and supporting resources for the phonic sounds and common exception words (tricky words) for each phase/level can be found in the Learning Resources folder below, under Phonics and Reading.
Meet the teacher notes
Our remote learning for children who are isolating can be found here...