Welcome to Class One!
Class Teacher: Mrs Christmas
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Smith and Miss Gigg
- Children should bring a named water bottle and book bag into school every day.
Water is preferred as we are a healthy eating school.
- Reading books are changed on a Monday. Extra books are available at any time including chapter books for confident readers. Children are welcome to borrow any story book from our library.
- Please send your child's yellow reading record in each Monday so we can monitor their progress.
- Homework - a pick and mix grid will be given out each term. Please read with your child every day - this will be the most valuable homework you can do with your child.
Phonics and maths tasks will be sent home as needed.
- PE is on Thursday (Forest School in Term 1) and Friday. Children are to come in wearing their kit.
- Children are provided with fresh fruit each day.
Please encourage your child to read some of their phonics scheme as many times as possible and record this in their yellow reading record. They should complete all the phonics and comprehension tasks at the beginning and end of their reading books over the week to ensure the sounds and tricky words are fully embedded. Your child's book should only contain phonemes and common exception words they have already learnt so they can read the book fluently. They will need to read the book several times to build their confidence and develop a love of reading.