Class 3 2019-20
Greetings Class 3! I hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy. While school is closed, I will be adding a number of activities to aid you in keeping bodies and minds healthy. Please engage with these as much or as little as suits your circumstances.
Home Learning Ideas
Here is a list of activities to keep you busy, active and learning whilst you aren’t at school:
- Times Table Rockstars: https://ttrockstars.com/
- Spelling Frame. https://spellingframe.co.uk/
- Read a book, newspaper or comic. This is a good website with some lovely stories to listen to: https://www.sparklestories.com/blog/post/helpful-corona-virus-resources-for-parents-and-kids/
You can also use:
- Abacus Maths. I have allocated activities from all the areas we have covered this term, as well as the ones we didn’t get the chance to look at: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login.php?c=0
- Maths Frame: https://mathsframe.co.uk/
- Top marks. This is a great site for fun maths activities https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/ordering-and-sequencing-numbers
And for topic work, here are a couple of areas for you to research:
- What is modern Egypt like?
- What can you find out about volcanoes and earthquakes? For more details have a look at the Active Planet homework sheet below.
Stay safe and well. See you soon!
Active Planet homework
Modern Egypt research homework
Welcome! On this page, you can find out about all the exciting things we do in Class 3.
Our topics include 'What The Romans Did For Us', 'Ancient Egypt Uncovered' & 'Our Active Planet'.
Come and see what we have been learning about!
Some useful information:
We ask that you hear your child read aloud for 15 minutes every day as this will greatly benefit their progress in reading. It will also underpin all their other learning, as reading is a key skill across the curriculum.
Homework is given out on a Friday and taken in on the following Wednesday. Extra House points are given out to children who hand their homework in early!
P.E. lessons are held on Mondays and Wednesdays. Please ensure that your child has a labelled P.E. kit in school, including trainers and tracksuit bottoms as some of our P.E. lessons are taught outside.
We visit the library every 3 weeks. As long as your child is registered at the library, they can borrow books. Don't worry if you can't find their library card!