Class 6 2020-21
Welcome to Class 6
Welcome to our Class Page
Mrs Brown is the Class Teacher, Mrs Falcon-Uff and Mrs Watson are our Teaching Assistants and Mrs Gigg supports individual learning.
- There are some changes to our daily routine- there is more handwashing and sanitising: on arrival at school, before and after playtimes, at the end of each day and after activities.
- Modified rules help us with social distancing. Please support us with these.
- Please have a look at our Meet the Teacher notes below for more information on Class Routines.
- Some of the topics this term will be based on our Local History topic and our class novel, Private Peaceful. Our curriculum remains creative combining subjects in a creative way. Have a look at the curriculum section to see what is planned....
Pupil planner – this is where the homework for the week is written out, normally on a Monday. Could you please sign in the planner when homework has been completed. If you have any queries please write them in there. We do check these books on Monday and sign off when we have received homework. Please tell your child if you have written something that needs attention. In the planner we also write down events and activities for the week to help your child prepare.
Homework book – the big red one. Homework is sometimes on sheets that will be stuck in after trimming or from a text book that will need to be written in.
- reading daily for 15/20 minutes and practice spellings.
- Weekly spelling test and Mental Arithmetic tests normally every Friday.
- Maths sheet every Wednesday to be given in the following Monday.
- When we are reading a class novel, there will be comprehension questions based on chapters read. There may also be grammar sheets too.
- Please be aware that there may be times when arrangements may change.
- Currently there are no volunteers coming onto site so reading at home is very important- your child could read to another member of the family or independently.
Click here to access our Celebration of Learning Video: