Class 5 2019-20
Welcome to Class 5!
On this page you can find out about all the exciting things we do in Class 5.
Our topics this year include ‘Into The Unknown', ‘Whodunnit?!’ & ‘The Cradle of Civilisation’.
Come and see what we have been learning about!
Hello Class 5,
Excitingly, all of our learning can now be accessed through the wonderful app/website SEESAW! I will be regularly updating your personal pages with activities for you to have a go at and share with me. Please make sure that you login and check for activities every day! I will also be reading you some of our class book ‘Holes’ each day and I will save the videos for you to watch!
Please also try to complete some of these activities on a daily basis:
- Abacus Maths https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login.php?c=0
- Maths Frame: https://mathsframe.co.uk/
- Top marks, this is a great site for fun maths activities https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/ordering-and-sequencing-numbers
- Practice your spellings on Spelling Frame. https://spellingframe.co.uk/
- Times Table Rockstars.
- Read a book, newspaper or comic every day- try to take some pictures of you reading in unusual places, I’d love to see these!
- PE: The Body Coach is putting on a free session to get kids moving every day at 9am for 30 minutes. The children have followed his videos before and enjoyed them, so be sure to keep moving!
I cannot wait for us to all be together again soon,
Non-screen activities from Pobble and Spread The Happiness:
We ask that you hear your child read aloud for 20 minutes every day as this will greatly benefit their progress in reading. It will also underpin all their other learning, as reading is a key skill across the curriculum.
Homework is given out on a Thursday and taken in on the following Tuesday. Extra House points are given out to children who hand their homework in early!
P.E. lessons are held on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Please ensure that your child has a labelled P.E. kit in school, including trainers and tracksuit bottoms as some of our P.E. lessons are taught outside.
We visit the library every 3 weeks. As long as your child is registered at the library, they can borrow books. Don't worry if you can't find their library card!