Welcome to our Class 6 page
Year 6 team hope that you and your families stay healthy at this difficult time.
Some suggestions of things to do if you find yourself at home and able to do so.
- Please look at the Parent Help booklet sent home which is also under the SATS link below. There are some useful websites listed.
- Your child has done a gap analysis of their recent SATS papers and wrote in their planners topics to revise. This were also discussed on Parent's Evening. Such areas would include Fractions/Percentages etc.
- Children know to use My Maths Year 6 Boosters to help with online learning.
- Keep hearing them read daily and practice quick recall of tables.
- Most children will have their homework books with them. Inside the covers are the year 3/4, 5/6 words they are expected to spell by the end of their time at school. You could get them to practice some. Also in these books are results of spelling tests, maybe go over some of the incorrect ones with them.
- Everyone received a guide to grammar - this is also on the SATs page - you could check with your child which terms they do/don't know.
- Have a look at Twinkl or other websites to research further our topics we have covered this year so far: World War I, Classification, Local History and Circulation.
- Topics we will be doing in the Summer Term include Space and the Tudors and Tudor Exploration.