Welcome to Class One!
Class Teacher: Mrs Christmas
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Smith
- Children should bring a named water bottle and book bag into school every day.
- Reading books are changed on a Monday. Extra books are available at any time including chapter books for confident readers. Please feel free to borrow any book from our outdoor library.
- Please send your child's yellow reading record in each Monday so we can monitor their progress.
- Homework is set on Seesaw - Please check for updates.
- PE is on Tuesday and Wednesday. Children are to come in wearing their kit.
- Children are provided with fresh fruit each day.
Please encourage your child to read some of their phonics scheme book daily and record this in their yellow reading record. They should complete all the phonics and comprehension tasks at the beginning and end of their reading books over the week to ensure the sounds and tricky words are fully embedded. Your child's book should only contain phonemes and common exception words they have already learnt so they can read the book fluently. They will need to read the book several times to build their confidence and develop a love of reading.